Friday 26 September 2014

SecureSingapore - an (ISC)2 event

Was privileged to be invited to speak at SecureSingapore yesterday, an event that was held right after GovWare. This was my first time to give a full presentation at a Singapore-based conference. Previously when i presented in ABS-FITA and WebSense (both in Singapore), i was doing the technical demo but this time i had a whole hour to speak. My speaking experience from conferences in India, UAE and US gave me the confidence to speak in this.



 
The topic of my talk. Unlike Defcon Kerala and The Hackers Conference in India and BSidesLV in Vegas, i need to ensure that my talk covers more on a holistic view of SCADA and Critical Infrastructure and little on the low level technical side. 



I had a great time presenting to a room full of CISSP certified professionals and security practitioners. I was also delighted to get some laughs and response from the crowd. One of the things i did was to demonstrate the way Stuxnet works and got 3 volunteers from the crowd to assist me in illustrating it.

At the end of my talk, i had a chance to meet and greet people from industries such as banks and product vendors. One of them was the President of ISC2 Singapore himself!  This was a new experience for me and i certainly thank BT and ISC2 for giving me the privilege to share my knowledge to the industry experts.

And what better way to be given the thumbs up than to receive such an honest feedback from one of the audience.




No comments:

Post a Comment